Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Instant Ink
macOS 10.12 Sierra

I am replacing ink cartridges for the first time with this service and my newer printer.  The black cartridge doesn't click into place like the other ones.  When I close the carriage I get an error message saying that one or more of the cartridges are missing or damaged.  There doesn't seem to be any other way to insert the cartridge.  I'm thinking that the cartridge is faulty.  Does anyone know a work around or will I have to send it back and wait for a new one?

Thanks for your help.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hello @Lorna,

Thanks for showing interest in the HP Support Forums!

I see that your printer is reporting an issue with the Instant Ink cartridge that we shipped you. I will certainly do my best to help you and please remember to return to this thread and mark 'Accept as Solution', if I have successfully helped you resolve the issue. If you wish to say 'thanks' for my effort to help, click the 'thumbs up' to give me a Kudos.

In order for me to assist you better. I will need more information. 

• Which model printer do you have? 
  • What is the exact error message you're receiving? 

In the meantime, I would do a hard reset to see if that will resolve the issue.

1. Remove the problem cartridge.
  2. Leave the printer on and unplug the power cable from the printer and wall outlet for 60 seconds.
  3. Then reconnect the power cable to the printer and wall outlet rather than a surge protector. This ensures the printer is receiving full power and may help this situation.
  4. Make sure the printer is connected directly to a wall outlet (don't use a power bar or a surge protector). 
  5. Reinsert the ink cartridge. 

In the event that you have defective ink cartridge, I will need the part number (4 - 5 digits long) and expiry date from the cartridge. Send me a private message with your account number or email address for your account. Also, confirm that the address on your account is correct. 

Please let me know the results. 🙂

Drakster
I work on behalf of HP

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the Accept as Solution button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the thumbs up" button!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.