First time posting up here so do pardon if I've missed out any details. Attempting to utilise scan to email via the HP apps on the printer. It was working fine until this morning where I keep getting 'cannot connect to web services'.
Some of the troubleshooting steps I've taken:
- Powercycle the router. (no luck)
- Powrcycle the printer. (no luck)
- Check and confirm the printer is connected via Wi-Fi (it is, static IP is set with one of the DNS servers pointing to Google).
- Check and confirm it's the most recent firmware.
- Check and confirm time/date is in sync.
- I have no proxy setup.
- Search the printer model number and confirmed it's not excluded from HP Web services.
Am I missing any steps here or is this an outage from HP ?
Appreciate your feedback in advance.
Thanks for engaging in HP support Forums! This is a wonderful location to converse with the community, get assistance and find tips!
I understand you are having trouble while accessing the web services on your OfficeJet 6960. Updating the printer firmware and then assigning a manual DNS address normally get this issue fixed. Follow the steps below:
- Go to the link: http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/ojp6960/OJ6960_R1716A.exe to download and update the printer firmware. Restart the printer once done.
- Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to obtain the IP address.
- Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
- Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
- Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
- Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 126.96.36.199 and under manual alternate type 188.8.131.52 (This is Google DNS server address)
- Now try accessing the web services and check.
Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!
Eagerly waiting for your response!
I hope you have a good day ahead,
And Feel free to ask your queries as this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help.
I am an HP Employee