Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Pagewide PRo 477dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I recently purchased a windows 10 pc (HP ProDesk 400 G3) and connected it to my HP Pagewide PRo 477dn, but the printer will not respnd to any print jobs. When you start a print job, the printer icon shows in the notification, but nothing shows in the print queue. However, i'm able to start a scan job from the computer with no problem. The printer shows in the devices and printers control panel, but will not allow me to print a test page or a notepad document. Previously had a windows 7 unit connected to the printer and had no problems until now. 

The connection is there, it just will not let me print.

I tried different USB cables.

I've tried the Windows 10 64-bit drivers, and the windows 8.1 drivers. still no luck.

Tried my Windows 10 64bit HP Laptop, prints fine.

Anybody know what is going on?

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hi HENRY81,

Thanks for choosing HP printer. I am guessing you may not have the correct connection thus not able to communicate with your printer from your laptop rightly.

If your laptop were setup to communicate with printer via Window software, WSD earlier. I suggest you can try change the setting from WSD --> TCP/IP (IP address as what you have tested via web browser). Steps to follow as

Setup permanent IP to your printer

1) Open web browser and key in the IP address of your printer (that you already aware)

2) Click on "NETWORK" >> "Wireless" >> IP Configuration >> Click "Manual IP" then click apply

Setup your laptop to to communicate with printer via permanet IP

3) From windows search, look for "Devices and Printers"

4) Look for your printer icon >> right click on printer icon>> select "Printer Properties"

5) Select "Port" tab >> select "Add Port"

6) Select "Standard TCP/IP" >> key in your printer permanent IP set earlier (eg: 192.168.11.001)

Do a test page to ensure setup is done correct and communication between laptop and printer is established. Hope this help.

Although I am HP Employee andI am speaking for myself
>> "Marking" this as RESOLVE, If my post help RESOLVE your issue and help others
>> Click THUMB UP icon if you appreciate the "REPLY"
HP Recommended

Hi,

I am sorry that you are facing this issue.

Can you try to reinstall the printer driver from the website that i have listed below basing on your operating system:

http://h20566.www2.hp.com/hpsc/swd/public/readIndex?sp4ts.oid=8764748&swLangOid=8&swEnvOid=4192

Let me know if it works.

If my answer was helpful please click the blue “Kudos" button to say "Thank You" or Click "Accept as Solution" if it solved your problem

Although I am an HP employee, I am speaking for myself and not for HP. Have a nice day!

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.