Post new question
Question

Highlighted
Tutor
Message 1 of 2 (408 Views)

HP Web Jetadmin 10.4.99821 (10.4 SR1)

Product Name: HP Laserjet P3010 Series
Operating System: Microsoft Windows Server 2008 (64-bit)

I recently installed HP Web Jetadmin 10.4.99821 (10.4 SR1) on a Windows Server 2012 R2 box and I've done a discovery by subnet which worked great.

When I configure a printer and use the HP Webjet Security Wizard to add to Webjet admin to manage the device I am able to add the device but I'm not able to log back into the device. It won't authenticate. I rebooted the server, Web jetAdmin, and rebooted the printer with no luck. When I add the credentails in the device in Web JetAdmin it says that None of the selected devices require new credentials. 

I had do a factory reset to get back in on another device I had added and set it back up from scratch. What am I doing wrong? Is there a way to remotely reboot a printer? Some of our devices are located in different states. 

Any ideas? 

Thanks!

0 Kudos
Intern
Message 2 of 2 (219 Views)

Re: HP Web Jetadmin 10.4.99821 (10.4 SR1)

Hi jrparks67

From WJA you can restart the printer.

Instructions:

Select the target device which you would like to restart and click on Troubleshoot Tab. Click on Reset Device and select Power Cycle and click Next. This might take some time to reboot the printer.

If WJA says "None of the selected devices require new credentials" then all the devices are set correctly and WJA is able to communicate to the printer successfully.

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution

I am an HP employee
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation