Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
Hp Deskjet Ink Advatage 3545 Printer

Dear Sir/Ma'am,

Good day, can you please help with my concern. I am currently living in the Philippines and I happened to bought my printer in Saudi Arabia. The ink cartridge is already empty, I would like to buy a new ink cartridge but hp ink advantage 650 is very limited in our country on top of that it is very expensive, if it is available.I saw in google and some of your forums that I can use another hp ink advantage cartridge like 678 because it is compatible in my printer. Do I need to reformat the setting of my printer to avoid any incompatibility using another ink?. Please respond to my question as soon as you are available. Thank you and Keep safe.

Respectfully, 

Jennifer

12 REPLIES 12
HP Recommended

@Jennifer_1808

Welcome to HP support community.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response @Sandytech20. I will try to do now, your advice. If there are some problems along the process, I will try to contact you again here in our Hp community. Again thank you. Keep safe. 

HP Recommended

Hi! Ma'am Sandytechy20, 

Good day. I tried the solution you told me. the settings in my printer is now in the Philippines. Unfortunately it is showing that 

the new ink cartridge 678 which is also compatible with my printer shows in my computer monitor as " incompatible cartridge " . I don't think I can return the ink cartridge in the school supply shop that I bought this, since it is already open. 

Jennifer_1808_1-1591722112892.png

Please help me. thank you!

Jennifer

i

HP Recommended

@Jennifer_1808

This seems to be a hardware issue.

I request you to talk to HP support.

They might have multiple options to help you with this.

1. Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
  2. Select the country.
  3. Enter the serial of your device.
  4. Select the country from the drop-down.
  5. Click on "Show Options".
  6. Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.

I hope that helps.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi All,

I am having the same problem, with the same printer model (3545) only I have moved from Malaysia to Ireland, and am trying to use new 650 cartridges, instead of 678.

Can you please help me to change country to faciliate using these cartridges (right now it shows 'incompatible cartridge').

I reached out on Facebook also, but the support insisted I needed both old and new cartridges - while I have only the new ones.

Thanks,
Andy

HP Recommended

@andytpc

Welcome to the HP support community.

To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:

1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.

2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.

3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.

Reply with the requested information for more assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi @sandytechy20 ,

Sure - I meet all those criteria. 

When I go to the estimated ink levels pop up window, I get the following values;
Printer SN: CN53L232PN05X5
Tricolor Ink ID: F0526F651C6C3A9F
Black Ink ID: 008463E53C2C4CB9
RX: 0000

And the printer is asking for reset code 41 42 43 44 45 and 51.

What do I put in there, and what are the next steps?

Andy

HP Recommended

@andytpc

I have sent you a private message with the reset codes. Kindly check the same.

Check next to your profile name, you should see a little blue envelope, please click on it.  

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

KUMAR0307
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey Kumar,

Thanks - it always says "Sorry an error occured. Please try again" - no matter how many times I try again.

Is there anything else I should be trying - like cold restart of the printer, no cartridges inside it, etc.? 

I sent you the screenshots of how this looks via DM. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.