06-03-2020 10:05 AM
Good day, can you please help with my concern. I am currently living in the Philippines and I happened to bought my printer in Saudi Arabia. The ink cartridge is already empty, I would like to buy a new ink cartridge but hp ink advantage 650 is very limited in our country on top of that it is very expensive, if it is available.I saw in google and some of your forums that I can use another hp ink advantage cartridge like 678 because it is compatible in my printer. Do I need to reformat the setting of my printer to avoid any incompatibility using another ink?. Please respond to my question as soon as you are available. Thank you and Keep safe.
06-08-2020 03:58 PM
Welcome to HP support community.
To do a printer region reset you need to meet the following conditions:
1. The printer should be connected using a printer USB cable to the computer.
2. You need to have the printer full feature software installed on your computer.
3. You need to have all the cartridges either from the region from where the printer was purchased originally or the new region to which you want to reset it to.
Reply with the requested information for more assistance.
I am an HP Employee
06-09-2020 11:02 AM
Hi! Ma'am Sandytechy20,
Good day. I tried the solution you told me. the settings in my printer is now in the Philippines. Unfortunately it is showing that
the new ink cartridge 678 which is also compatible with my printer shows in my computer monitor as " incompatible cartridge " . I don't think I can return the ink cartridge in the school supply shop that I bought this, since it is already open.
Please help me. thank you!
06-17-2020 08:58 AM
This seems to be a hardware issue.
I request you to talk to HP support.
They might have multiple options to help you with this.
- Click on this link - https://support.hp.com/us-en/contact-hp?openCLC=true
- Select the country.
- Enter the serial of your device.
- Select the country from the drop-down.
- Click on "Show Options".
- Fill the web-form. A case number and phone number will now populate for you.
I hope that helps.
To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others.
I am an HP Employee