Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Envy photo 6230
Android 8.0 - 8.1 Oreo
Hpsmart app on Nokia phone. Printer info icon is greyed out so I can't change setting to do two-sided printing
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Annefos

Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! 

I understand that printer info on HP Smart app is greyed out, I will be delighted to assist you here.

• Did you do any changes to the printer or the app?
  • When did this issue start?

Meanwhile, perform a power reset on the printer.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart app on the mobile.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

@Annefos

Thanks for posting. It is a terrific place to find answers and tips! 

I understand that printer info on HP Smart app is greyed out, I will be delighted to assist you here.

• Did you do any changes to the printer or the app?
  • When did this issue start?

Meanwhile, perform a power reset on the printer.

1. Turn on the printer, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Wait at least 30 seconds.
  5. Plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector and printer.
  6. Turn on the printer.

Uninstall and reinstall the HP Smart app on the mobile.

To thank me for my efforts to help you, please mark my post as an accepted solution so that it benefits several others and please give the same post a Kudos.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you. That worked. I now need to know how to set two-sided printing as the default. 

Thank you for your help

Anne

HP Recommended

@Annefos

You're welcome.

As @sandytechy20 is out of the office today, I'm replying to you.

I'm glad that the issue is fixed and appreciate your handwork and patience.

I checked on my Android smart phone and when there are multiple pages to be printed, the HP Smart app by default enable two sided printing. Requesting you to check this feature and keep us posted.

Happy printing!

HP Recommended
Hello,
Thank you. On my phone the 'two-sided' option defaults to 'none'.
How do I set 'long side' as the default option?
Thanks,
Anne
HP Recommended

@Annefos

You're welcome. 🙂

I'm sending you the images that should help you select the two sided printing using the HP Smart app:

On the next screen, put a check mark next to the document you wish to print and select the printer icon.

Now,the HP Smart app will search for the printer and then give you options to select two sided printing, etc.

Hope this helps.

Cheers! 🙂

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.