Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP JetAdmin
Microsoft Windows Server 2016

Our school district maintains our printer fleet in an asset management system that uses SQL.  Rather than having to maintain our asset management system AND HP JetAdmin (which we use to alert us to low toner levels, printer issues, apply configurations, etc.), I'm wondering if it is possible to pull information from our asset management system and use it to push some of that information to HP JetAdmin and ultimately to our printers.  For instance, I am currently using JetAdmin to configure the Asset Number, Company Name, Device Location, and Device Name on all of our printers remotely so that when we get an email alert regarding a printer running out of toner, we know the building and specific printer that is having the issue.  It's much easier to use JetAdmin to do this rather than needing to go to the URL of each printer and/or entering it on the physical printer.  Anyone know if this is possible?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended
Likely there is no prebuilt utility to do this, but as both use SQL you might be able to get a good database coder who could allow sharing of data between the two applications.
If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.