Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended
HP Officejet Pro 6830 e-All-in
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Error message:  "This printer is currently configured with a Domain Name System (DNS) server address which does not allow the DNS server to be confirmed. On most networks, this can prevent the printer from accessing Web Pages ovger the internet."  This is preventing the printer from contacting HP to get more ink when needed. How do I change the DNS so it can be confirmed????

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Hello, @scorpionmobil – Hope you are well 🙂

Thanks for reaching out to HP Support Forums! I’d like to help with the printer issue!

I see that the printer is giving you an error message about the DNS server address. To assist you with this issue, I need the following details:

1. Are you an Instant ink customer?
  2. Is the printer making copies? Place a document face down on the scanner glass and press the copy option on the printer control panel. Let me know if it makes a good copy or not.

Alternatively, try the steps below to resolve the DNS error:

• Obtain the IP address of the printer – You can touch the “wireless” icon on the printer control panel to get the IP address.
  • Type the IP address on your web browser to obtain the printer EWS page on your computer.
  • Go to "Network" tab - General - Select "Network protocols" - Select "Enable IPv4 only" (or similar) - Apply the settings.
  • Go to the “Network” tab – Click on “Wireless (802.11) – Then click on “Network address (IPv4)
  • Click on the radio button which says “Manual IP” and then click “Suggest a manual IP address” to give a manual IP address to your printer.
  • Click on radio button which says “Manual DNS Server” and under manual preferred type 8.8.8.8 and under manual alternate type 8.8.4.4 (This is Google DNS server address)

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Good luck 🙂

Please click "Accepted as Solution" on the post that solves your issue to help others find the solution. To show appreciation for my help, please click the "Thumbs Up Icon" below!

DVortex
I am not an HP Employee
HP Recommended

I cant print without the cord and I am getting the same DNS server address issue. When I put in the IP address in to an address bar it times out. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.