Post new question
Question

Top Student
Message 1 of 4 (319 Views)

Printer Question Re Ink Cartridges

[ Edited ]
Product Name: HP OfficeJet Pro 6978
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

My DeskJet F4580 has bitten the dust.  I am interested in the OfficeJet Pro 6978 as it meets my requirements  & functionability.  I seem to have obtained conflicting spec info regarding ink cartridges. On one site, the required cartridges are a total of two (2) -  1 blk & 1 multicolor.  On another site, it appears approx five (5) cartridges are required --- 1 black and four (4) cartridges of various specific colors   One of the features I need is minimizing the number of ink cartridges.  The F4580 has two cartridges - one black & one multicolor.

I am extremely interested in the features of the 6978.  Unfortunately, I must begin a new search should four or five ink cartridges be required. 

Your answer as well as suggestions will be most appreciated.

Thank you, Sharon

Provost
Message 2 of 4 (291 Views)

Re: Printer Question Re Ink Cartridges

Please post those 2 links so we can verify. 

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
Provost
Message 3 of 4 (284 Views)

Looks like it uses 5 cartridges.

http://support.hp.com/us-en/product/HP-OfficeJet-Pro-6970-All-in-One-Printer-series/8289585/model/11...

Say thanks by clicking the Kudos Thumbs Up to the right in the post.
If my post resolved your problem, please mark it as an Accepted Solution .
I used to work for HP but I saw the light and retired!

Printer Hint #1 - Always buy a printer with a display panel for easy configuration.
Printer Hint #2 - Always buy a printer with separate black and separate color cartridges.
Printer Hint #3 - Always buy a wireless printer with an Ethernet port for backup.
Special Note: There is a 97.2% (and increasing) chance the information you seek is in the User Guide/Manual.
Top Student
Message 4 of 4 (273 Views)

Thank you for your help, prompt reply & printer purchasing tips!  Having this service, knowing someone will respond w/factual answers, not being without assistance, etc., are all beneficial. Your knowledge, product experience, willingness to share & support are definitely positive, needed, and excellent resources.  I hope you have a good evening and week ahead.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation