Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
If you're having print quality issues Click here for more tips!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
DJ2135
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

Hi I just recently replaced my HP printer for this new one but i am facing an issue that is the printer is setting a border for me which i cannot remove which causes my document to be cut off. how do i fix this problem? Thanks in advance.

Just so you get what i mean:

Print Preview: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1-uF3NV6PBfx5nrDrmdE1JIxrC2xU9Fii/view?usp=sharing

Actual Print: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1m0FtX7ppvnDpVyjtpR1_K_F9U7dU1EEm/view?usp=sharing

6 REPLIES 6
HP Recommended

@JonathanAng Welcome to HP Community!

I understand when you are facing the Printing Border issue.

To better help you please leave me with the following information:

1. Does this happen if you make a Copy?

2. Do you get any error messages?

3.  Which program are you printing from or does this happen in all programs? 

4. Have you tried with different applications and checked?

I would like you to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor > www.hp.com/go/tools- It was designed by HP to provide users with the troubleshooting and problem-solving features needed to resolve many common problems experienced with HP print and scan products connected to Windows-based computers.

Please perform the clean reinstallation of Pre-installed HP drivers

1.       In Windows, search for and open Programs and features   

2.       Select your HP Printer   

3.       Select Uninstall   

4.       In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers   

5.       In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’   

6.       Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.   

7.       Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)   

8.       Click on the “Drivers” tab   

9.       Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom   

10.   Select Ok   

11.   Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows   

12.   Close Devices and Printers, restart the computer. 

Click here to download the HP Full-featured driver.

Once downloaded, make sure to run the file to start the installation and follow the on-screen instructions.

Keep us posted,

If you would like to thank us for our efforts to help you, 

Give us a virtual high-five by clicking the 'Thumbs Up' icon below, followed by clicking on the "Accept as solution" on this post, 

Have a great day!

HP Recommended

Hi Praveen,

1) yes it does happen when making a copy too

2) Nope i have no error messages and everything seems to be alright even in HP Smart app

3) It happens to all program Word, Acrobat, Chrome...

4) Yup tried many ways even manually putting in paper size in print server...

I have uninstalled reinstalled driver not working as well

I'll try to install the full featured driver but i doubt is the problem as copying also has the same problem.

HP Recommended

@JonathanAng

Thanks for replying!

Follow the steps below-

Reset the printer

1. Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
  2. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
  3. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
  4. Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
  5. Wait at least 60 seconds.
  6. Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
  7. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
  8. Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
  9. Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed

Update the printer firmware

Download available firmware updates from the HP website

With the printer on and connected to the computer, go to HP Customer Support - Software and Driver Downloads, and then identify your printer. Look for and install any available firmware updates. Refer to the document HP Printers - Updating or Upgrading Printer Firmware

Hope this helps! Keep me posted. 

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I tried resetting but its not working. and there is no firmware upgrade either for my printer

HP Recommended

@JonathanAng

This looks like a hardware issue.

Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.

Hope this helps!

Please click “Accepted Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

TEJ1602
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hi Tej,

Thank you for your reply.

Ill get in touch with HP at a service center near me to try to solve my problem asap.

Thank you for your help and have a nice day.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.