Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (406 Views)

There's got to be an easier way...

Product Name: HP Photosmart 5510d
Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I'm trying to create a Mother's Day card (using HP Photo Creations) which includes a collage of words with each word in a different font, font size and color. When I create a text box, I'm required to choose a font, size and color for all of the text included in that particular text box. It seems unnecessarily labor intensive to require a new text box be inserted for each and every word in the collage but I can't find an alternative. Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
PhD Student
Message 2 of 2 (378 Views)

Re: There's got to be an easier way...

Hi GB.

This probably arrives too late to help with your Mother's Day project, but one shortcut is to hold down your Alt key (Option key on the Mac), and then click on the text box and drag it. That will make a duplicate copy right on the layout, which is faster than going back to the Add Item menu.

This video from the Getting Started page shows the technique:

Alt-Drag to Duplicate

If you have the Premium Editing Features, you can also create text style presets, then drag them onto your layout or on top of existing text boxes to apply the style.

You can't currently apply multiple styles within a single text box, but I'll suggest that to our programming team. Please let us know if you have other feature requests; we update the program frequently.

Thank you,

RocketLife 

RocketLife, developer of HP Photo Creations
» Visit the HP Photo Creations Facebook page — news, tips, and inspiration
» See the HP Photo Creations video tours — cool tips in under 2 minutes
» Contact Customer Support — get answers from the experts
» Browse the FAQ at RocketLifeSupport.com
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation