Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
Color LaserJet M553
Other

Hi everyone,

I just installed HP Web JetAdmin on my Windows 2012R2 Server in our network. (Version 10.4_SR1 Build 10.4.99821)

Now I try to discover printers but Web JetAdmin does not find any printers at all!

Message is always: Device not found!

I tried with IP, Hostname etc. All no success. I reinstalled Web JetAdmin, no success.

Local Firewall on server is disabled. The printer is in a different subnet and there are a few firewalls between.

But all necessary ports are open and I see a connection to the printer over port 161.

Do I need to change something on my printer HP Color LaserJet M553? Firmware Version 3.5 (2305076_518484)

Printer is setup for SNMPv1/v2 and password is set.

I set the same passwort in the settings on the Web Jetadmin, but still no success. As well when I make the discovery over with credentials and set the SNMP Password, still no success!

I am at the end of what else I could try!

Does anyone has an idea?

Update Firmware on Printer?

Any help would be appreciated

Thanks

Andre

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi all,

Not sure why it took more than three months till my post finally got live.

In the meantime I was able to solve the issue by my self.

It was one Firewall (which was not in our monitoring) which blocked the access to the printers. After we opend as well the ports there, all communication was working just fine.

Have all a nice day

Andre

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi Andre,

I had the same issue at first and then rechecked the firewall. One of them didn't have the rule set up properly. I would check that first.

Are you using IP4 or IP6?

I added our subnets starting with XXX.XXX.XXX.1 to XXX.XXX.XXX.254 and ran discovery. It worked perfectly. 

Good luck! 

HP Recommended

Hi all,

Not sure why it took more than three months till my post finally got live.

In the meantime I was able to solve the issue by my self.

It was one Firewall (which was not in our monitoring) which blocked the access to the printers. After we opend as well the ports there, all communication was working just fine.

Have all a nice day

Andre

HP Recommended

Congratulations! Great job! 

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.