Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
The HP Community is where owners of HP products, like you, volunteer to help each other find solutions.
Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
HP Recommended
HP Envy 4505 All-in-One print
Mac OS X 10.9 Mavericks

I am trying to hook my computer back up into the web it was hooked up before. Only  it got disconnected because I uploaded some programs new I needed to update.

My Printer is a HP Envy 4505 all in one series print scan copy photo the problem is I have a knock off made in China but my Serial # is almost the same CN46H121RF and my model # is: SDGOB-1301 Made in China 

I am having trouble because they don't know it was in my computer before and it was bought new but doesn't have a guarantee warranty anymore. 

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Greetings @Dot22

Thanks for the post. 

I understand that you are looking to configure your printer with your MAC over wireless and you have a warranty concern, is that right?

Not to worry, I will be glad to help. 

Is the printer connected to the same wireless network as the computer?

Are you able to make a copy on your printer?

Have you tried any troubleshooting steps on your own?

Please uninstall the printer software from your computer using the method suggested in this HP Article below.

(Have the printer disconnected from the computer during uninstallation.)

HP Printers - Uninstalling HP Printer Software (Mac)

Once you have uninstalled the printer software, reset the printing system.

HP Printers - Resetting the Printing System (Mac)

Restart the MAC, download the setup file from this link and install it on your computer. 

Please connect the printer to your computer using the USB cable only when the setup prompts for the printer. 

Once the printer is working with the USB connection. 

Please follow the procedure mentioned in this article to convert the USB setup to wireless. 

Let me know how it goes. 

For any warranty disputes, please contact our phone support for assistance. 

Chimney_83
I am an HP Employee

Archived This topic has been archived. Information and links in this thread may no longer be available or relevant. If you have a question create a new topic by clicking here and select the appropriate board.
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.