Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 2 (469 Views)

hp 8620

Product Name: HP 8620

Good Morning,

I'm working on an HP 8620 all in one officejet printer.  It seems that when I have this one directly connected to a pc by usb it is turning off my network print spooler after a reboot.  I have other printers connected through the network and I am unable to print to my Lanier if the HP is connected after a reboot.  If I disconnect the printer and restart the print spooler my Lanier network printer will reconnect and if I reboot it will remain connect as long as the HP is not connected.  I do have the HP 8610 also and we are not having the same issues with this one as the 8620.  Would I possibly be able to use the 8610 drivers with the 8620? Or is there something else I'm missing?  Thank you for your assistance!!!

Eva

0 Kudos
Highlighted
HP Support Agent
Message 2 of 2 (441 Views)

Re: hp 8620

HI @egomez413. 

Welcome to the HP Support Forums. It sounds like you are connecting the 8620 via a USB cable. This cold cause it to become the default printer. This might be what is causing your issue. Have you tried running the HP Print and Scan Doctor? 

Aardvark1
I work on behalf of HP

Please click “Accept as Solution ” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.
Click the “Kudos Thumbs Up" on the right to say “Thanks” for helping!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation