Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I had Windows 8 and had to specify the computer and installed Windows 10. So the printer does not print! She gets a page to print, but prints a blank page. The ink cartridges are in place and I cleaned them and everything is fine. In the computer software you can see the ink levels, and on the other hand try to scan to the document, I see on the printer's display: "The computer is not responding. Check if the USB cable is attached properly, then try again."  But the cable is connected, and you can see ink levels in the software on your computer. I tried to delete the driver and software and removed USB cable from the computer and installed it back as for the first time but the same problem! I installed the printer on a Mac computer with a sierra operating system but the same problem! I NEED HELP [personal information removed per Rules Of Participation]

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi! @hasasana68, Thanks for stopping by the HP Support Forums!

I understand you have issues printing or scanning from your printer.

Don't worry I'll try to help you out.

Did you make any changes to your printer?

Do you see the scanner bulb glowing when you scan from your printer?

Please try the steps recommended below.

Update the printer firmware using this link. Click Here

Resetting the printer can force some types of scanners to calibrate, which might fix the problem.

1. Remove any items from the scanner glass and automatic document feeder (ADF), then close the scanner lid.

2. With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the printer and from the wall outlet or power strip.

3. Wait at least 60 seconds.

4. Plug the power cord back into a wall outlet.

NOTE:

HP recommends connecting the printer power cord directly to a wall outlet.

5. Reconnect the power cord to the printer.

6. If you have an HP DeskJet 3700 series printer, calibrate the scanner after resetting the printer.

7. Load the original document or photo, then try to scan.

Clean the scanner glass and underside of the scanner lid with a soft, lint-free cloth sprayed with glass cleaner.

1. Turn the printer off, then disconnect the power cord.

2. Lift the scanner lid.

3. Spray a soft, lint-free cloth with glass cleaner, then wipe the scanner glass, glass strip (if present), the white backing under the scanner lid, and the white strip under the lid (if present) until clean, dry, and streak-free.

CAUTION:

To protect the interior printer parts, do not spray the cleaner directly on the glass or on the underside of the lid.

Figure : Clean the scanner glass and under the lid, and any glass or white strips (if present)

1. White scanner lid backing

2. White ADF scanner lid strip (if present)

3. Glass ADF scanner strip (if present)

4. Main scanner glass

4. Reconnect the power cord, turn on the printer, then close the scanner lid completely.

5. Load the original document or photo, then try to scan. Make sure the original document or photo is in good condition and free of tears, creases, folds, staples, or tape.

Refer this article to further troubleshoot scan quality issues. Click Here

Also, download and run print and scan doctor on your PC and check if it helps.

Refer this article to know more information about running print and scan doctor on your PC.

Let me know if this works!

Take Care! 🙂

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

A4Apollo
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you for your response,
I did everything you asked, but nothing changed, trying to scan from the glass - Write (in the printer) the computer does not respond. Check the USB cable is connected properly, and try changing.
I disconnected all the extra USB connections I have (mouse and keyboard) and put in another USB input but the same.

I have two printer problems:
1) Trying to print a computer from a WORD file its give me a blank page (white).
2) Trying to scan from the glass into the computer writes to me on the monitor of the printer that can not connect to the computer.

If I try to start the scanner from the software I installed on my computer - I am alerted on the computer that the scanner can not be reached
You can not communicate with the scanner. Make sure the product is turned on, check the connection, and make sure the network is working properly. If everything is OK, restart the product and start a new scan,

I also try to run the HP PRINT AND SCAN DOCTOR completes the entire process in green to the end.

When I restart the printer there are lights in the scanner glass, but when I want to do a scan nothing moves and no lights.
I also tried to update the firmware of the printer but no change.

Maybe:
1) The USB cable is not working? But if it is not working How do I transfer information for ink levels?

HP Recommended

@hasasana68

I am responding on behalf of @A4Apollo as he is out for the day. It is great to have you back and your patience is greatly appreciated.

Are you facing the same issue when you make a copy?

Meanwhile, I recommend you follow the below steps and check whether the issue is resolved.

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features

2.) Select your HP Printer

3.) Select Uninstall

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose ‘Delete’ or ‘Remove Device’

6.) Open up the run command with the “Windows key + R” key combo.

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between “printui.exe” and “/s”)

8.) Click on the “Drivers” tab

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers

13.) Restart the PC

14.) Download and install the printer software from the below link.

https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers

15.) Connect the USB cable ONLY when prompted and follow the on-screen instructions.

Let me know how it goes and you have a great day!

If you wish to show appreciation for my efforts, mark my post as Accept as Solution. Your feedback counts!

Cheers!

The_Fossette
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.