Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
hp Deskjet Ink Advantage 3635
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I bought this printer (ink advantage 3635) in the UAE, where I used it for quite a while before bringing it to India. The problem arrived when I switched the UAE cartridge ( hp 652) with the one available in India ( hp 820). I bought the hp 820 tri-color and black cartridge and none of them seem to work. I just get an "incompatible cartridges" message when trying to print. Is this because the printer was bought in UAE and doesn't support an India Cartridge? Looking forward to a solution 🙂

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

@Shonty

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting incompatible cartridge error.

I am eager to assist you.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7
HP Recommended

@Shonty

Welcome to HP forums, I see that you are getting incompatible cartridge error.

I am eager to assist you.

I am sending you a private message. Please check the mailbox icon at the top-right corner of this screen.

Please reply back on the public post as this Private message box is not monitored.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Hey, thanks man!

I followed the instructions that you've sent me privately. But, I see that the HP Customer Support site is temporarily unavailable. So I'm unable to carry forward all instructions...

I think I can call HP customer support as an alternative...?

I'll let you know if the issue is resolved. Thanks again for the help. :OpenSmile:

HP Recommended

@Shonty

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

Yes, you can call them when you find time.

Feel free to contact us in feature if you need any assistance.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Good day! I have the same problem I would like to know if what did you do in order to fix it by the way my printer is HP Deskjet 1515 All in One Printer. My ink sign displays light keeps on blinking and cant print anything and it always say that its incompatble with the black ink only. I hope you can help me. Thank you and God Bless. 

HP Recommended

@Aliah

Welcome to HP Forums, 

This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips, 

Thank you for posting your query, I'll be more than glad to help you out 🙂 

As I understand you are facing issues with the printer with the cartridge.

Don't worry as I'll be glad to help, however, to provide an accurate resolution, I need a few more details: 

Did you purchase the cartridge from the same country you bought the printer?

If yes, then follow this link and perform the steps in the given order. 🙂

Let me know how that pans out,

I hope you have a good day ahead,

And Feel free to ask any other queries as  well,

Considering, this forum has some of the best people in the world available and ready to help. 🙂

Barachiel
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

I aready have done that before posting my question here, I do hope that there are other options that I can do aside from that.  
Thank you for your reply about this matter. I still do appreciate it tho.

HP Recommended

@Aliah

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

I hope this helps resolve this issue completely.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.