Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
officejet pro L7680 all in one

I have an error  rear access door open, it is not open. I have tried all steps on internet with no luck.  Is there a part replacement for this , I see in parts a door open sensor, Does anyone know where it is located and what it looks like?

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

@dodobird

Follow these steps in the order presented to resolve the issue.

Step one: Clean the electrical contacts

1. Remove the rear access door or duplexer.

2. Clean the electrical contacts on the rear of the product with a dry, lint-free cloth.

Figure : Electrical contacts on rear of product

3. Clean the electrical contacts on the rear access door or duplexer with a dry, lint-free cloth.

4. Replace the rear access door or duplexer, making sure that it snaps into place with a clicking sound.

• If these steps resolved the issue, there is no need to continue troubleshooting.

• If the issue persists, see the next step.

Step two: Perform a power reset

1. Press the Power button () to turn off the product.

NOTE: 

The product might not turn off after pressing the Power button. Continue to the next step regardless.

2. Disconnect the power cord from the rear of the product.

3. Unplug the power cord from the electrical outlet.

4. Wait 30 seconds.

5. Replug the power cord into the electrical outlet.

6. Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the product.

7. Press the Power button () to turn on the product.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

If the information provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution and Kudos buttons, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thank you for joining the HP Community.

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.