Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP 3505

Hello.

I'm having some troubles with a HP 3505 printer. Even with new toners, I get the "10.92.03 Cartridges not Engaged".

Accessing the logs, I can read in every refresh  the errors 10.92.00, 10.92.01, 10.92.02 and 10.92.03 but the the supplies status shows all toners at 100%.

I didn't see anything broken  but the front cover seems to be just a little loose. In the meantime I was reading the following document https://www.laserpros.com/img/TechTips/10.92.xx-cartridges-not-engaged.pdf

but it didn't help in my case.

Any ideas please?

Thanks and regards.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Most common failure we see on these units are the interlocks on the left side of the cartridge cavity. The black one can be especially hard to see when broken. You may have already done this but remove all cartridges and slowly close the door, checking that the all the interlocks move up and down as you close and open the door. If the door does not close properly there might also be a broken door slider along either side. I will see if I have any pictures I can post when I get some time.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for the reply.  Difficult to tell. Apparently there's nothing broken, at least directly exposed . 

Driving me mad...

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for the reply. I've been already following those first 2 links. Didn't know about the 3rd yet. 

Unfortunately there was a little piece of broken plastic that was loose when I disassembled the printer. Don't know exactly where it was fitted, but it is related to the right side locking mechanism. The cover of the toners doesn't stay completely open and I wasn't able to find a solution. 

Thanks 

HP Recommended

Usually if the locks themselves are good then the slide itself is broken. Either the RC1-6643 or RC1-6645. Both parts can be found at various parts suppliers or on Ebay. Google the parts and look at pictures and you can probably spot which one is broken.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.