Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laser Jet 1102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

This printer used to work just fine.   We got a new rouoter and tried to connect it to that new network.   I tried clearing the old network details by holding the wireless button and the X at the same time.   We printed the sef test page.   That confirmed the SSID as Unknown and the IP as 0.0.0.0.  I start the software install.   It gets to the point where I plug in the cable.   It recognizes on my PC the network I want it to connect to.   Then after it tries for a while I get an error that says "The printer was unable to connect to the wireless network using the wireless credentials that were provided.  To verify the wireless credentials please click back."    When I click back, the correct network is shown.   If I print the test page at this point, it does show the correct network for SSID but the install process has not completed.  I installed the HP Print Service plugin on my phone and it cannot see the printer but it does see other printers in my building that are not mine.  I am stuck.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@RossS_1

Welcome to HP Forums. This is a great place to get support, find answers and tips.

I understand that you are unable to connect to your Wireless Network.

I'd like to help.

Are you entering the Correct Password for your Wireless Network?

You can refer to this Link for help in finding the Wireless Password of your Network.

To connect your printer to the wireless network, use a temporary USB connection. Do not connect the USB cable until the installation program prompts you. Here are the steps:

• Unplug the USB cable from the printer and computer if present.
  • Go to Control panel – Programs and feature – Select all the HP LaserJet printer entries and uninstall them.
  • Restart your computer.
  • Now click on http://hp.care/2o1xShv to download and install the printer drivers.
  • When prompted, select the Connect through a wireless network option.

• When prompted, connect the USB cable  to the computer.

• When the installation is complete, print a configuration report to make sure the printer has an SSID name.

1. Make sure the Ready light  is on and that the printer is idle and silent.

2. Press and hold the Cancel button, and release it when the Ready light  begins blinking.

The Configuration report prints.

• When the Configuration Report prints, disconnect the USB cable  from the printer.

Your printer is now set up to use over a wireless network connection.

Please let me know if this resolves the issue, or if you require further assistance!

Thank you. 🙂

KrazyToad
I Am An HP Employee

HP Recommended

I eventually found the 1-800 tech support number and called that.   The first thing they checked was whether it was trying to connect to the 5Ghz wireless as the printer's older technology would not support that.   After that we tried for like an hour with screen sharing without any success.   We came to the determination that the printer is simply too old to be compatable any longer with a new router.   The HP tech support representitive that screen shared and worked via rescue on my desktop was totally unsuccessful in getting it to work.   We eventually gave up, descided to recycle to old "antiquated" printer and get a new one since continued effort would be a waste of time

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.