Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet 200M275n
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After a recent Windows update resulted in print spool issues [which seems a common problem with HP printers], the printer was uninstalled as suggested everywhere. When trying to re-install off the installation disk, and also HP downloaded full driver, the error returned was 

MSIExec command: /I “D:\\Setup\Core\SIPM_64\HpTcpMon64.msi” /qn REBOOT=ReallySuppress

Path: <empty>

Return code:1603

One unknown site suggested registry location  [HKEY_CURRENT_USER\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User Shell Folders] had been corrupted, but , as an amateur, I'm loath to try messing around with this without knowing just what I'm letting myself in for.

Any guidance would be welcomed.

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Update - I tried installing the unknown registry details, after setting a restore point, but the provided script was in hex, while the registry declined anything other than binary.

Currently without a working printer on this machine, and having to use an antique standalone Asus netbook for anything that needs printing off.

HP Recommended

Hi,

I suggest using a 3rd party tool (Tweaking - Reset Registry Permissions) to repair corrupt registry permissions automatically, any usage is at your own risk, as this is a 3rd party tool, although I can say I have used it many times without any issue.

You may download the tool using below 3rd party link:

https://www.majorgeeks.com/mg/getmirror/tweaking_com_reset_registry_permissions,1.html

Click the Start button, allow it several minutes (will usually take 5 to 10 minutes) till you see the process has completed within the main Log dialog (where you click the start button), be sure not to close any open window to not disrupt the process

Once completing the repair, reinstall the HP Software and check for any difference.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

ShlomiL

Thanks for the suggestion. I tried downloading the program, but it stalled after the first few operations. I ended up resetting the pc, which cleared the printer problem, even though it meant a raft of successive issues I’ve been working through.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.