Did you mean: 
stanbook
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

4500 alignment issue

Envy 4500

I just changed ink & alignment page not printing correctly -- so also put in new color ink.  Same issue & printer making squeeking noise.  Help?  I tried cleaning ink heads etc...

Tags (1)
4 REPLIES 4
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
21,068 21,032 1,387 2,230
Message 2 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

4500 alignment issue

Hi @stanbook,

Thank you for visiting the HP Forums! A great place where you can find solutions for your issues with help from the community! I came across your post and wanted to assist you. I understand you are having alignment issues after replacing the ink cartridges on your HP Envy 4500 printer. Don't worry as I have a few suggestions which should help you resolve this issue.

To provide you with an accurate solution, I'll need a few more details:

Are you an HP Instant Ink account holder?

Are you using genuine HP ink?

Are you able to make a copy from the printer?

In the meantime, let's try these steps here: 

Please make sure that the printer is connected directly to the wall outlet and not to the surge protector.

Remove all the ink cartridges and then try to perform a hard reset on the printer.

With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer and also unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.

Remove USB cable, if present.

Wait for 2-3 minutes, press and hold the power button on your printer for about 30 seconds to remove any additional charge.

Now plug back the power cable straight to a wall outlet without any surge protector or an extension cord and then plug back the power cord to the printer.

Turn on the printer and wait till warm-up period finishes and the printer is idle.

Now insert the ink cartridges and then try to print a test page and check if it works.

Please reseat the cartridge and wait for the alignment page to be printed. 

Once the alignment page is printed, please place the alignment page and click on OK on the printer. 

For more assistance, please follow all the steps suggested in the support document for - HP Inkjet Printers - 'Alignment Unsuccessful' Error Message Displays

Let me know if this helped. 

If the information I've provided was helpful,

Please give us some reinforcement by clicking the "Accepted Solution" and "Kudos" buttons,

That’ll help us and others see that we’ve got the answers!

Good Luck.

Jeet_Singh
I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
SparkleF1947
1 1 0 0
Message 3 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

4500 alignment issue

I tried all suggested and still get alignment failed.  There is a red caution sign on the bottom of the scan with 2 red arrows and IMPORTANT in red.

HELP

0 Kudos
HP Support Agent
HP Support Agent
6,259 6,246 338 247
Message 4 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

4500 alignment issue

@SparkleF1947

Welcome to the HP Support Community.

Do you have the same Printer as above? If yes, I recommend you to contact the HP Support Team as this could be a hardware issue.

Link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Note:  Select the country accordingly to get the contact details for support.

If no, please help us with your Printer name.

If the information I've provided was helpful, give us some reinforcement by clicking the Accepted Solution button, that'll help us and others see that we've got the answers!

Thanks!

Have a great day!

I am an HP Employee

0 Kudos
VgG23
1 1 0 0
Message 5 of 5
Flag Post
HP Recommended

4500 alignment issue

I need to fix alignment.  How?

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation