Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

color laser jet pro MFP M477 fdn Eror we are receiving we need your kind Help  

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

59.70 is a black developer motor failure. If unit is still under warranty contact tech support and get it repaired. If unit is out of warranty you will need a developer motor RM2–7344–000CN. I suggest you try a different cartridge first and also that you ensure you are plugging the printer right into the wall and not into a surge protector.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I'm getting the same error code 59.70 not 59.F0

Are they the same error?

HP Recommended

Repairatrooper meant to write 59.70, not 59.F0. 

59.70 = Black developer motor startup error

A safe option to always try is a Power Reset to eliminate a possible logic or power issue:
First, make sure the printer is plugged straight into a wall outlet and not a power strip, surge protector or UPS.
With the printer plugged in and powered ON, disconnect the power cord from the printer. This will hopefully dissipate any electricity stored in the printer that could be hindering it.
Wait at least 30, to preferably 60 seconds.
If there is a power switch, turn it to the OFF position.
Plug the power cable back into the printer.
Turn the printer ON with the power switch.

Another trick to try I found that works most times:

Remove the black toner cartridge and manually turn the toner and developer drive shafts a couple of turns to free them up as they may be bound up inside. They're the small white plastic, triangle shaped pieces on the right side of the cartridge.

I also will try another toner cartridge first before replacing the motor.

If you still have the error, this is from the manual:

If you are using a surge protector:
a. Power off the printer.
b. Remove the surge protector.
c. Plug the product directly into the wall socket and turn the product power on.
3. If the error persists, replace the appropriate motor: (Note: I've never had to do this for any customer yet.)
Error Code 59.70

Motor Description HP Part #
Developing Motor Assembly RM2–7344–000CN

HP Recommended

Excellent, took out the black cartridge and turned the large triangle and its working fine now. Thank you!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.