Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color MFP M276
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

Every try to boot the printer ends with a error 79 service error on the Display. Trying to switch the Printer off and on shows always the same result.

I searched for a open Printjob in my private network, but there is none.

I would like to set the printer back to the factory setting, but I have no idea, how to do this.

Can anybody help?

Thank you in advance.

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

to confirm a hardware issue disconnect the network cable and cycle the power.  The factory reset option should be available through the control panel in the maintenance or service menu.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

Thanks for your response.

but the printer doesn‘t reach a service or maintenance menue, it just shows the error and says turn power off and on.

doing as requested shows the same result.

HP Recommended

With the power ON, disconnect the power cable and wait for about 2 minutes before plugging it back in. Make sure there are no USB or network cables attached as well. Once plugged back in, see if it comes ready. If it still fails, it will need to have the formatter board replaced as it is a hard error that cannot be fixed any other way at this point. 

Good luck.

HP Recommended

Thank you very much for your comment. I can’t test it now because I‘m in Hospital.

I will react as soon as possible. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.