Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Hello. I'm a ceramic artist. I'm looking for iron oxide-containing B/W printer models to print my own drawings on decal papers.

The requirement to fire the decals onto ceramic pieces is the iron oxide content in the laser toner. So, iron oxide ratio should be at least 30-35% (minimum).

I don't want to use other brands' printer models. I am satisfied with your brand. I would appreciate it if you could give me information about your laser printer models and toners.

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

Your best bet is to consult the Material Safety Data Sheets for the various toners, but what you are going to find is that a large number of the smaller units do not use iron oxide and you will likely have to go to an older model. Advances in technology have resulted in polystyrene toners that are typically plastic not iron. The advantages for normal printing are less power required to both create an image and to bond it to the paper due to lower melting point of the toner. 

Likely the newest model that is going to provide anywhere near the content you require will be a Laseret 4000, but again you will need to consult the data sheets.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

So is there a web page where I can see these older model printers? Don't have a list of these models? Printer models are limited on online shop.

HP Recommended

Looking at a few of the sheets, many of the monochrome printers still use Iron Oxide, exact percentages are HP trade secrets that they are not required to divulge. What you will see with the color is there is typically NO iron oxide, the bulk of material being PolyStyrene. 

Link for Material data sheets:

https://h22235.www2.hp.com/hpinfo/globalcitizenship/environment/productdata/ljmsdsuseng.html

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I understand from your answers: I have to examine all HP printer models one by one.There are hundreds of printer models on the list and I will have to research them all. This is really sad.

Thank you for your answers.

HP Recommended

You do not need to examine them all, if you can narrow down your requirements in terms of print volume and print sizes that can eliminate a lot of products. Most of the current laserjet models will use a virtually identical toner formulation so if one does work then likely all of them will. Current models are M404Pro, M507, M610/M611/M612 . Older printers tend to have a higher content of iron oxide. Older models would be printers like the P2055/P3005/4250/P4015.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.