Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet Pro MFP M477 Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I need help printing accurate colors from an Excel Spreadsheet.  So far, I can get the best results setting Advanced:Print Data Optimization to Text and Vector as well as Color to Photo(sRGB).  But there is still a slight reddish hue.  Is there a way I can adjust the output to provide better color production?  I am printing on W.B.MASON Flagship Bright copy paper (WBM-97200).  I am also still using the original printer cartridges that came with the printer (410A).  Will better paper give more accurate results?  Are the cut-down cheaper printer cartridges that comes with the printer substandard?  We are trying to set up a standard means to reproduce color matching information sheets that accurately depicts color of masonry repair patch materials from remote locations throughout the country.  We need this system to be standard.  We chose the M477 because the description said that is a Pantone color calibrated.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Hi GColgrove,

HP recommends using HP genuine toner cartridges and colorlok technology paper for best print quality results.

Original toner cartridges are fine. Also, always use paper that meets the printer's requirements.

I hope this helps,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.