Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Installing Gutenprint fixed it for me:

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/

1. Download latest version from link above

2. Remove printer from system preferences

3. Add printer again from system preferences and select "HP LaserJet 1320 - CUPS + Gutenprint v.5.2.13" as the driver

Hope this helps 🙂

HP Recommended

Excellent! Though using an Apple USB-2 USBC adapter helped...This Gutenprint driver (HP LaserJet 1320 - CUPS + Gutenprint v.5.2.13) driver worked beautifully. It didn't matter that it specifies Epson. Also be sure to select the correct driver under...in the pull-down menu bottom right of the set-up dialogue.

https://sourceforge.net/projects/gimp-print/files/

1. Download latest version from link above

2. Remove printer from system preferences

3. Add printer again from system preferences and select "HP LaserJet 1320 - CUPS + Gutenprint v.5.2.13" as the driver

HP Recommended

Perfect solution to by pass non working printer because of High Sierra. 

Ever since I upgraded, the 1320n laser jet would not work and only continued to get worse with continued use. 

Thanks for the solution!

HP Recommended

Installed the suggested driver. Printing worked for Letter size printing; however failed for printing to a No10 enveloppe. (MacBook Pro 13" late 2013 osx 10.13.3)

HP Recommended

This worked for me! Thank you for taking the time to post a solution!

HP Recommended
Perhaps? I moved my printer connection from my Airport Express because connection the connection seemed “flaky”. First check that you followed the Gutenberg Setup instructions below with your Extreme....then try a direct connection to be sure it’s not a negative interaction between the Extreme and HP. With a direct connection I can even use the my HP 1390N as an Airprinter(!) via inexpensive Printopia 3.09 software.
HP Recommended

I posted how well Gutenprint 5.2 worked with MacOs..I am now “suddenly” requiring a software upgrade to get my 1320 to work. Though I have had 10.14.6 for some time....any ideas. Gutenprint 5.3 presents an error on installation. Perhaps I just need to reinstall Gutenprint 5.2??

HP Recommended

Hi All, I had no problem using Gutenprint 5.2.13 with High Sierra...Now after upgrade to Mac OS 10.14.6 MOJAVE my HP 1320 with direct input is very erratic. I tried to use the HP driver and Gutenprint 5.2.15 (not .13) and the printer is not printing at all.Any help would be appreciated

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.