Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Good job!

Setting up a new profile to my exisiting M551 as an Airprint printer worked on the documents that wouldn't print out with the normal lan printer profile configuration. (Which all worked fine prior to the High Sierra install) Who would have thunk!

It's a definate kludge/work around, but I'll take it until apple decides to do something about the situation. Thank you!

HP Recommended

Here's a scenario that a coworker and I just went through:

She's running 10.13.1 and had a DOCX file that she printed to an M651 that yeilded the postscript error. She created a PDF from the file, tried printing again, and received the same error. 

She emailed me both files. I'm running 10.11.6. I printed the DOCX file without any issues, but received the postscript error when printing the PDF she created.

I created a PDF from the DOCX file, and was able to print the PDF I created successfully.

I emailed her the PDF I created. She was able to print that PDF successfully.

So I'm thinking this is an issue with document redering in 10.13.

HP Recommended

same here, yesterday I sent one of the pdf's that was giving the error message to a coworker on Sierra (not high Sierra) and she was getting the same error message.

I agree with you it is probably a postript rendreing error.

So it's apple's job to fix it I guess.

HP Recommended

"Folks, find an older printer and reconnect it for now."

Not possible for us enterprise users sadly.

HP Recommended

I'm still trying to figure all this out, but I've found out a bit more information...

I have found the origin of one of the word documents that is causing this issue. It was created on Windows 10 running Office 2010. The default font for the DOCX file was Calibri. When the file is downloaded, opened, and printed from 10.13 running Office 2016, it yields the the error. When the font in the document is changed (in this case to Cambria), the document printed successfully.

HP Recommended

Would be nice for HP to weight in here - we are all talking to ourselves in the best community forum tradition -but not making any progress. I am going to shoot this up our HP enterprise support chain and will report back.

HP Recommended
I think a call to Apple support would be helpful as well. I've had a case on this matter opened for three weeks with apple and they've done nothing. More voices might be helpful. It all broke when apple released High Sierrs. At least for me.
HP Recommended

Sorry, can't help you there because we are in Chile and don't have access to apple support via phone.

HP Recommended

I can also raise via our Apple Enterprise Support account. Will report back if I get anything of interest.

HP Recommended

FWIW

I have two phyical devices.

I added a new printer on my Mac laptop and on my Windows 10 laptop pointing to the printer's IP and selected Generic PCL as the printer type. 

Prints fine on both. Fingers crossed!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.