Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

Our print team here tried to get that interim new Firmware for testing from HP support and were told -- even after pointing to this thread -- that "we don't have it" and the rep said "end of February".

Was anybody able to get their hands on that FutureSmart 4 "interim" firmware from their HP rep/support successfully?

HP Recommended

Hi My1320,

got my 1320 back using Gutenprint: http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/MacOSX.php . Less luck with M552...

Rgds

Toomas

HP Recommended

Hi Toomas (kuuba)

What version did you download?

I'm intrigued that, while Gutenprint mention HP Colour LaserJets in the release notes, they don't say much about HP or the ordinary LaserJets and don't seem to be focussed on HP printers. Nor are they saying much about OS after 11.

Thanks for the information.

Paul.

HP Recommended

Hi!

I installed 5.2.13 - they support many older HP LJ models but compared to Canon or Epson the list is quite short. The list can be found here: http://gimp-print.sourceforge.net/p_Supported_Printers.php .

Regards

Toomas

HP Recommended

Thanks, Paul.

My problem is bigger than Calibri, though.  I have found I can print from MS office ONLY with all fonts in Arial.  If there are hidden or embedded fonts (such as supressed footers), the xshow error kills the print.  In my line of work, I have to print documents received from outside, in all sorts of fonts.  The solution is to print as PDF, and print as image.  It's a klugy work-around, but that is all that works for now.

Robert (rhfoster34).

HP Recommended

@steve_maser

It completely depends on if your printer supports and is running FutureSmart 4 or 3.

FutureSmart 4 firmware is out.  FutuireSmart 3 firmware is the end of February still.

If you have a FS4 device then support was incorrect.  Feel free to PM me if this is the case.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

I feel like I'm playing a game of whack-a-mole. Fixes that worked yesterday don't work today. So far I've tried:

Deleting and adding back printers.

- Resetting printing system than adding back printers (selecting Secure AirPrint)

- Reinstallation of HP printer drivers using the HP Easy Start app (use HP Printer drivers)

- Adding Microsoft fonts to /Library/Fonts (first just Calibri and Cambria, now the entire folder from Office 2011 installations).

We have the following printers: LaserJet M750dn and PageWide Color 556

Some users have no issues whatsoever (usually those who used to have Office 2011 installed). Seems that newer users that received a fresh machine and then only have Office 2016 (via Office 365) installed are the ones who can't print.

All users are on MacOS High Sierra (10.13.3) and it's not really practical to "downgrade" to 10.12 as all their SSD's have been upgraded to APFS. And no, you can't use Migration Assistant to go from 10.13.x to 10.12.x. On a test case, I had to wipe and reinstall 10.12.x then create the user account, then copy over their user folder using target disk mode.

--Erik (NortonAgency)

HP Recommended

IronBadger -- PM sent!

HP Recommended

I went to the website, and the FutureSmart 4 version (for our HP Enterprise 653) is "2405135_000378" dated 12/8/17.  Is this the right one, or are you talking about beta that is available only from reps?   Anybody tried this version of FutureSmart?

HP Recommended

Firmware from December 2017 does not fix the issue (both FutureSmart 3.9 or 4.5).

My M750 printers are on FutureSmart 3.9 and the Pagewide Color 556 is on FutureSmart 4.5.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.