Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Laserjet pro M102w
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I ran the latest firmware update on my printer and after that the wifi light stays solid blue and the printer is inaccessible on the network. I've tried using a USB cable to connect, but with no results. The firmware installer program said that everything had gone in without any errors, but after that the printer wa unreachable.

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

those firmware upgrade utilities need to be taken w/ a grain of salt.  typically you want to go off what the control panel is telling you before stopping the update utility.  it may show as 100 percent completed but theres usually a delay in what it tells you compared to what the printer is actually doing.  I'm not sure that you can reverse the firmware upgrade, the formatter board is probably bricked at this point which is why you cant connect to ethernet or via USB.  all those connections are on the formatter. 

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.