Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended

. I have the HP MFP M277dw and when I airprint from either my ipone or Ipad they default to Legal size paper even though the printer is set with letter size paper.

So far HP has responded to all questions with no viable response. Please do not refer us to your standard HP setup pages. Please answer out question with a fix. This is very frustrating and should be an easy fix. Help us out. Please!!!

5 REPLIES 5
HP Recommended

All the answer I got from HP were so basics!  I abandoned!

I finally solved this paper size problem myself from the printer little screen's menu.

It has been a while and I cannot remember exactly in which menu I finally landed and the answer was there!

Sorry for not giving more info but all I can say is that it is in the printer menu.  Good luck!

If I find a few minutes, I will come back here with some screen shots and a clear explanation!...

HP Recommended

I do not have a M277 handy but I do have a M227 which should have the same menus I believe.

On the front control panel select

Setup

then

System Setup

then

Paper Setup

Under Paper Setup verify that the Default Paper Size is Letter

Also under Paper Setup select Tray 1

Under Tray 1 make sure the size is set to Letter.

AirPrint should then be able to recognize the paper size of letter is what is loaded in the printer.

While I may work for HP Inc, the views and opinions expressed here are my own.
HP Recommended

Alternatively, you can use the embedded web server to set this up - see screenshot M277w Paper Setup.png

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

Just checked.  I think you got it! That will help many frustrated Airprint users!

I do not understand how this setting changed itself to Legal??! 😮

HP Recommended

Haha!  Now that I fixed this by long searches and menu exploration a few month ago, after asking and getting 0 good responses from Hp site and forum, today, solutions come from everywhere!

Thanks!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.