Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
macOS 10.13 High Sierra

My HP 750 has been working just fine until I cleaned it and put in a new toner cartridge.  Now the color prints just fine just not the black.  I tried again with a new black toner but still no luck.  It is like something got switched off all of a sudden.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Issues we have seen before include the shutter lever in the door getting dislodged and the main drum contact getting bent. When you open the front door there should be 4 identical black toggles. These open the laser shutters when the doors are closed. The contact is at the top of the cartridge cavity,  again all four cartridge slots should be identical.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

Issues we have seen before include the shutter lever in the door getting dislodged and the main drum contact getting bent. When you open the front door there should be 4 identical black toggles. These open the laser shutters when the doors are closed. The contact is at the top of the cartridge cavity,  again all four cartridge slots should be identical.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I have look very close to the configuration of each cartridge location and the slots and they all look to be identical and working the same.  I see the small wire contact at the top but I have not identified a black toggle.  I am wondering if the small wire contact might be the problem having become disconnected.  Let me know what you think.  And! thank you for your response.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.