Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Intern
Intern
40 34 0 7
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone know where to buy "HP CLEANING MEDIA" for 3 minute user initiated cleaning cycle on color LJ?

M570dn

I decided to run a user initiated 3-minute clean cycle on my M570dn on rev. 20180201 +optional 3rd tray tonight, but was prompted to load "HP CLEANING MEDIA" into tray 1 (manual feed) then press [OK].  I've never heard of "HP cleaning media" so I just used a sheet of normal 32 lb paper in tray 2 and kept tray1 closed.  It printed the diagonal black band and slowly advanced it past the ITB, catching little bits of crud as it went by, so it worked.  Does anyone know what "HP Cleaning Media" is and/or where to get it or what are effective substitutes re: paper weights?   I usually clean every 1000 pages, but never noticed this call for special media before  - thanks if anyone knows more about this.

Tags (1)
1 REPLY 1
Distinguished Professor
Distinguished Professor
2,356 2,348 269 332
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Anyone know where to buy "HP CLEANING MEDIA" for 3 minute user initiated cleaning cycle on color LJ?

HP CLEANING MEDIA that's something new, I wouldn't be surprised it has something to do with the latest firmware.

Processing a cleaning page on plain paper is the way it is described in a user manual, so I wouldn't be worried much about  HP CLEANING MEDIA and keep using plain paper.

View my profile on LinkedIn
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation