Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
HP Color LaserJet MFP M277dw
Mac OS X 10.11 El Capitan

I just recently purchased this printer. I can't seem to figure out how to adjust the color. Everything I do on the small screen attached to the printer doesn't do anything. When I go and change a Red, Green or Blue, the colors don't adjust at all. I've calibrated, but that doesn't seem to work either. What do I need to do to make adjustments? Thanks

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

@LonghornPatrick

Welcome to the HP Forums. I would be happy to help you with your HP LaserJet Pro 200 color Printer. I understand that you are getting print quality issues and you have already done some preliminary troubleshooting.

Don't worry though as I have a few steps to determine the issue and find a solution as well,

Adjust color settings in the printer driver.

Change the color theme for a print job

1. On the File menu in the software program, click Print.

2. Click Properties or Preferences.

3. Click the Color tab.

4. Select a color theme from the Color Themes drop-down list.

Figure : Color tab

• Default (sRGB): This theme sets the product to print RGB data in raw device mode. When using this theme, manage color in the software program or in the operating system for correct rendering.

• Vivid: The product increases the color saturation in the midtones. Use this theme when printing business graphics.

• Photo: The product interprets RGB color as if it were printed as a photograph using a digital mini lab. The product renders deeper, more saturated colors differently than with the Default (sRBG) theme. Use this theme when printing photos.

• Photo (Adobe RGB 1998): Use this theme with printing digital photos that use the AdobeRGB color space rather than sRGB. Turn off color management in the software program when using this theme.

• None

Change the color options.

Change the color options settings for the current print job from the color tab of the printer driver.

1. On the File menu in the software program, click Print.

3. Click the Color tab.

4. Click the Automatic or Manual setting.

• Automatic setting: Select this setting for most color print jobs

• Manual setting: Select this setting to adjust the color settings independent from other settings.

NOTE:

Changing color settings manually can impact output. HP recommends that only color graphics experts change these settings.

Figure : Color tab

5. Click the Print in Grayscale option to print a color document in black and white. Use this option to print color documents for photocopying or faxing.

6. Click the OK button.

Click here and refer the document to for more steps.

Let me know how it goes.

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

HP Recommended

Thank you so much for trying to help.

I don't know where to find the software on my computer.

1. On the File menu in the software program, click Print.   (where is this located on my mac computer?)

3. Click the Color tab.

4. Select a color theme from the Color Themes drop-down list.

When I go to the Applications dropdown all I get is the HP Utilities. In order for me to be able to do what you recommend I need to find the software area first. Can you please help? Thank you!

HP Recommended

@LonghornPatrick

Thanks for the reply.

I appreciate your time and effort.

This issue may require one to one interaction with the HP Phone Support.

I suggest that you contact HP Phone Support for further assistance.

If your product is Out of warranty then remember to choose the paid options to get the tech support number.

They might have multiple options to help you on this.

Please use the following link to create yourself a case number, then call and it may help speed up the call process:

Step 1. Open link: www.hp.com/contacthp/

Step 2. Enter Product number or select to auto detect

Step 3. Scroll down to "Still need help? Complete the form to select your contact options"

Step 4. Scroll down and click: HP contact options - click on Get phone number and phone number appear.

They will be happy to assist you immediately.

Keep me posted for any other assistance,

Cheers.

Sandytechy20
I am an HP Employee

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.