cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
    Information
    HP Solution Center Adobe Flash player error

Please check this document to find the workaround solution for Print and Scan - HP Solution Center doesn't open

Information
    Fix Windows 10 Update Issues

Resolve Windows 10 or update issues on HP computer or printer– Click Here

• post a message
2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 4
Flag Post

Black Ink

HP Recommended
HP ENVY 5660 e‑All‑in‑One Printer Series
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

After changing my black ink with the HP shipped ink, it will not print.  It says it's installed and says it is full.  Why won't my black ink work?  Color ink is working fine.

3 REPLIES 3
Level 11
3,668 3,639 228 552
Message 2 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The cartridge is a dud or the printheads are clogged/dried up.  Either way your first steps shoudl be to attempt to run the cleaning process on the printer and then contact your reseller for repalcement cartridges.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
Author
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

The ink came from HP.  So I should call them to have them ship me another.  I have cleaned the printer heads.

0 Kudos
Level 11
3,668 3,639 228 552
Message 4 of 4
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Send it back to HP then.  It should be covered under the limited warranty.  See if a 2nd cartrdige behaves teh same way.  If it does then there is an issue with an external print head or the cartridge carriage that should be cleaned or replaced.

Ink on most inkjets only flows between the cartridge and printheads.  The carriage moves the cartridge and printheads across the page.  More expensive models may have tubing between those components that can be considered.

Thats about it for the troubleshooting.  If you cant get it with a cartridge swap then teh next steps are to contact HP for warranty support or get a quote from a local printer repair tech.

Experts are not HP Employees. Experts are advanced users, administrators, technicians, engineers or business partners who volunteer their time to answer community questions.

Please mark anything that is helpful with a Kudo.
When you are done troubleshooting, please mark one of the responses as the Solution.
This feedback enhances the community by helping future readers choose between multiple similar responses.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation