01-30-2020 10:03 AM
I noticed someone else asked this question and HP said they would private message them. I've not seen the answer but my HP Officejet Pro8720 all in one has started showing black and white vertical bars on control panel screen. Just in time....since the warranty just ran out. Does anyone know if this is something that means I need a new printer?
02-03-2020 09:04 AM
@Royjean50, Welcome to HP Support Community!
I understand you have issues with the control panel screen before we could conclude on the issue check if there is any plastic covering on it.
Reset the printer-
- Turn the printer on, if it is not already on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you continue.
- With the printer turned on, disconnect the power cord from the rear of the printer.
- Unplug the power cord from the wall outlet.
- Wait at least 60 seconds.
- Plug the power cord back into the wall outlet.
- Reconnect the power cord to the rear of the printer.
- Turn on the printer, if it does not automatically turn on.
- Wait until the printer is idle and silent before you proceed.
If the issue persists, it could be a hardware failure. Please reach out to the HP Support in your region regarding the service options for your printer.
Hope this helps!
Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution. Click the “Kudos/Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!
I am an HP Employee