Murray2020
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black toner streaking on side of printed page

LaserJet Pro CP1525nw Color laser Printer
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I have a HP CP1525nw Color LaserJet Printer which has been (and still is) a great reliable product for several years. Lately, however, I am picking up some smearing or excess black toner on one side of a printed page. My toner cartridge is only half full.

I have tried using the “Clean Page” function and after I press OK, it displays “printing report” but it doesn’t print anything and then displays “cancelling”. Why isn’t it printing the “Clean Page” form and what can I do about it? How do I eliminate this smearing? Are there some other components that should be cleaned and/or replaced and how can I clean and/or replace them?

1 REPLY 1
Level 11
Level 11
3,561 3,547 353 740
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Black toner streaking on side of printed page

Can you lost a sample. In most cases you have either a bad toner or a failed fuser, the component that bonds the toner to the page. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation