Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Experiencing 'Printer Blocked' or 'Printer Error' message? Click here for more information.
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our Black or Color Ink Not Printing, Other Print Quality Issues info about: Print quality and Cartridge Issues.
HP Recommended
m479fdw
Other

Almost every 20 minutes the system on the printer (stand alone no outside OS) reboots after blue screen comes up. with a on and off gif (picture ) in blue and the number below it is 143647c8.

, goes through the reboot process starts up prints for or operates for another 20 minutes does the same thing if I leave it on 24 hours a day it's does it every 20 minutes for 24 hours a day

4 REPLIES 4
HP Recommended

A couple of questions:

1. Are you plugged directly into the wall to a circuit that does not have any other large energy consumption devices such as an air conditioner. These printers can draw up to 10 amps for short periods of time and are sensitive to inadequate power.

2. Do you have this issue when unit is not connected via usb or network. Wondering if it is getting a corrupted print job some where.  Trying to narrow down hardware issue or print job related issue.

3. Is the firmware on the device up to date?

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

HP Recommended

I am having this exact same issue.  Did you figure out how to fix it?  Thanks.

HP Recommended

Those are great basic questions but yeah the printer has been plugged into not only different plugins but at different locations. It's not connected through USB I use wifi-only and all the drivers firmware are up-to-date. There are no print jobs in the background I've reset it, but still comes back and does that. it overrides everything there is no messages that I can find or look into a log file to view. So that I would think mean it's a firmware error message.

I can't find this numerical error code anywhere on any site born in the manual or anyting that it refers to. It can be printing ride along and all of a sudden it just goes through this routine shut down starts and my print job is just left hanging in the Wind. The print job is gone off the system printer and I have to flush my phone to restart the print job. I use several different drivers and it's nothing to do with printing. If I just turn it on in the morning if I don't print to it it just shuts off in about 20 minutes same error message

HP Recommended

None of my service documentation mentions this error, but usually a blue screen with similar errors will be a mainboard issue. If the unit is under warranty, open a case with HP Technical support

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.