2 1 0 0
Message 1 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Bug report

Laserjet Color MFP M181fw
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I couldn't print a complete A4 document. Only half of an A4 page was printing even though all was setup correctly in the different settings:
- windows devices > printer > printer's properties : A4
- windows devices > printer > printer's preferences : A4
- any software > print > properties : A4 (same as printer's properties)

- any software > print > page setup : A4

- hardware printer's settings > System setup > Paper setup > Default paper size > A4
- hardware printer's settings > System setup > Tray 1 > Paper size > Any size
Looks right... That's what i thought but this last setting with "Any size" was apparently preventing the printer to print the entire document, like if it was set to A5, so only that portion would print. It's only when i set it to "A4" that all the document printed completely. 

2 REPLIES 2
Level 11
Level 11
3,503 3,489 345 730
Message 2 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Bug report

Any size setting should be avoided. It can cause the issue you experienced as the printer interprets that it has the smallest standard size loaded. This is not a bug, this is the way the printer works to reduce the possibility of toner being dumped inside the machine.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
0 Kudos
SHARCRASH
2 1 0 0
Message 3 of 3
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Solved!

Bug report

OK thanks! But... How could have we guessed that? 😉

0 Kudos
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation