Jlarou
4 3 0 0
Message 1 of 7
Flag Post

CLICKING NOISE & BLUE STREAKS

HP Recommended
COLOR LASER JET Pro MFP M281cdw
Microsoft Windows 10 (32-bit)

When printing in color there are blue horizontal streaks.  I printed a quality print page and the blue streak were in all the colors.  Black and white prints fine.  I also get a loud clicking noise during printing.  All new cartridges was happening before I replaced them.  If I print red and white I get blue streaks.

6 REPLIES 6
Repairatrooper
Level 12
Level 12
7,299 7,223 770 1,998
Message 2 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Remove the cyan cartridge and look at the bottom. If the blue/green drum on the bottom has toner or marks on it it is likely a failed unit and needs to be replaced.

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Jlarou
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 3 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Why do I get a clicking noise

0 Kudos
Repairatrooper
Level 12
Level 12
7,299 7,223 770 1,998
Message 4 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Likely the drum in the cyan cartridge is too tight and it is causing excess stress on the drivetrain that can cause motor failure. 

If you find the information provided useful or solves your problems, help other users find the solution easier by giving kudos and marking my post as an accepted solution.
I am a volunteer, offering my knowledge to support fellow users, I do not work for HP nor speak for HP.

0 Kudos
Jlarou
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 5 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I replaced the cyan and now instead of 3 blue streaks I only have one.  Clicking still happens

0 Kudos
Jlarou
Author
4 3 0 0
Message 6 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

I replaced the cyan and now one streak.  I took the cartridges out with the tray and to off the back fold down door.  I wiped down the belt from the front and the roller on the back side.  Replaced all parts and so far no clicking and no streaks.

0 Kudos
Repairatrooper
Level 12
Level 12
7,299 7,223 770 1,998
Message 7 of 7
Flag Post
HP Recommended

A defective cartridge can leave a lot of toner in the printer that keeps causing defects until you either clean it out or print enough pages to work the spilled toner out. Good job tracking that down.

0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation