Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M479
Other

The BSOD occurs when device language is set to local language ( in my case Hrvatski/Croatian ) and trying to scan to the computer using printers front panel and flatbed then printer displays BSOD  B80885AE.

The 3 specific conditions must match to BSOD appears:

1.  Local language set. I have noticed that the following languages can cause the issue: Croatian, Polish, Turkish.

2.  Scan to computer from the printers control panel. 

3.  Scan from the flatbed.

I have uploaded 2 videos showing my issue. You can find them here.  If you have problem access to those videos please let me know.

Video1 printer is set to English, scan to a computer from flatbed works, then the language is changed to local language Hrvatski ( Croatian) BSOD appears.

Video2 printer is set to my local language scanning from ADF works, then scan from flatbed BSOD appears

@ShlomiL you have more details on this issue but on other models, your experience and knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thank you @greenturtle and @NandaKM for your input on this.

Tomislav

My profile on LinkedIn

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting @Valsimot 

@NandaKM will look into this.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee. Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Click Helpful = Yes to say Thank You.
Question / Concern Answered, Click "Accept as Solution"

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.