Level 11
3,971 3,960 466 588
Message 1 of 2
Flag Post

CLJ M479 BSOD when scanning under 3 specific conditions

HP Recommended
M479
Other

The BSOD occurs when device language is set to local language ( in my case Hrvatski/Croatian ) and trying to scan to the computer using printers front panel and flatbed then printer displays BSOD  B80885AE.

The 3 specific conditions must match to BSOD appears:

1.  Local language set. I have noticed that the following languages can cause the issue: Croatian, Polish, Turkish.

2.  Scan to computer from the printers control panel. 

3.  Scan from the flatbed.

I have uploaded 2 videos showing my issue. You can find them here.  If you have problem access to those videos please let me know.

Video1 printer is set to English, scan to a computer from flatbed works, then the language is changed to local language Hrvatski ( Croatian) BSOD appears.

Video2 printer is set to my local language scanning from ADF works, then scan from flatbed BSOD appears

@ShlomiL you have more details on this issue but on other models, your experience and knowledge is greatly appreciated.

Thank you @greenturtle and @NandaKM for your input on this.

Tomislav

Život je nekad siv, nekad žut ...

View my profile on LinkedIn

Tags (2)
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Level 15
Level 15
12,406 12,359 1,240 2,961
Message 2 of 2
Flag Post
HP Recommended

Thanks for posting @Valsimot 

@NandaKM will look into this.

Hope that helps!

I am an HP Employee
Although I am speaking for myself and not for HP.
Please click “Kudos Thumbs up” as an encouragement and “Accept as solution” if this has helped solved your problem.
0 Kudos
Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation