Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
CM1312nfi MFP
macOS 10.15 Catalina

Hi!

I updated the firmware of my LaserJet CM1312nfi to 20140625 and now the device isn't booting up anymore. It get stuck in the middle of the booting process then flashing the "!" and "ready" LEDs and eventually rebooting again.

Interestingly if I put in an SD card with images on it for a short period of time the printer display will show the rainbow spinner while reading the SD card, then reporting it found 34 images but then reboots the same way as described above. This gives me the hope that if there will be a firmware file on the SD card the printer may be able to read it in.

Is there a way I can force a new firmware update with an SD card? Obviously I can't update the printer with a computer software because it won't stay awake long enough. However I couldn't find any documentation about such a feature.

Thanks!

1 REPLY 1
HP Recommended

Unfortunately there is no recovery option via SD card firmware. However, the following instructions by the HP Social Media Support (via Twitter) helped to get the printer to work again:

"Make sure the device is connected directly to a wall outlet, not on a surge protector or UPS. Power cycle the device Disconnect all cables from the device and leave stand-alone, leave only the power cable connected. Make sure the color on the screen is purple, and not blue.

Perform an NVRAM Init to try to get the device to a READY state. Note: Resetting the printer to the factory settings would erase all configurations like your Wireless settings, Fax settings, and other preferences. You have to re-do the set up again once you perform the factory reset.

NVRAM Init Instructions: Turn off the device. Simultaneously press the right arrow button and the Cancel button, and hold these buttons down as you turn the device on. When Permanent storage init appears on the display, release these buttons. When the product finishes the NVRAM initialization, it will return to a READY state."

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.