Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
Check some of the most frequent questions about Instant Ink: HP INSTANT INK, HP+ PLANS: INK AND TONER.

Check out our WINDOWS 11 Support Center info about: OPTIMIZATION, KNOWN ISSUES, FAQs AND MORE.
HP Recommended

Hello,

The problem is still not solved.

They suggest to update my Catalina to 10.15.3, which i did. Problem remains...

Please tell me a satisfying solution for the issue.

Thanks,
Auke

HP Recommended

Hi

I have the same issue with my CP 1025 on Mc OS Catalina. Does anybody knowledge if this problem is resolved? I am stuck with my work from home without clear understanding what to do with my printing. It is difficult to follow government restrictions without proper work of home equipment! Help!

HP Recommended

Hi @Bison47

Welcome to the HP Support Community. 

Please look for a private message from me requesting additional information. Keep in mind not to publicly post personal information (serial numbers and case details).

If you are unfamiliar with how the Community's private message capability works, you can learn about that here.

Thank you for visiting the HP Support Community.

Please click “Accept as Solution” if you feel my post solved your issue, it will help others find the solution.

Click the “Kudos, Thumbs Up" on the bottom right to say “Thanks” for helping!

Have a great day! 

HP Recommended

Hello,  @aukewieringa I have the exact same issue with the same HP printer model. 

Please let me know if you were able to find any solution until now. Did HP support team help you?

Thank you in advance

For HP support team: could you please provide me with instructions as well as for the same matter? Thanks

HP Recommended

Hello, HP Support, still no answer as for my issue with my CP 1025 on Mc OS Catalina. Could anyone please help me with this?

HP Recommended

Hi Krismovs,

Still no solution. I'm soooo fed up with HP and their bad support.

They just won't admit that they are not supporting the right drivers any longer...

You can just throw away your printer.

Hope you have had more luck and found a solution in the meantime

Best,
Auke

HP Recommended

Guys, just to let you know, this saga about planned obsolesence started more than 2 years ago, and still just plain fake ignorance from HP support. They just won't admit they are not supporting the printers anymore.

The same story with every post since then: https://h30434.www3.hp.com/t5/LaserJet-Printing/CP1025nw-Mojave/m-p/7160082#M373120

Up until Catalina, the CP1025 used to work if printing from certain apps, such as Adobe Acrobat. But now, even that doesn't work anymore and there are also no Gutenprint (ex Gimp) unofficial drivers.

It's the end of the road for me and HP which I used to buy and recommend since 1995. I am buying a new printer, most probably Brother or Canon. What about you?

HP Recommended

Thanks man, yes thats just as i thought.

The bad part about HP is they keep denying it. Just admit it guys!

Anyway, i've got a nice shining Brother laserprinter standing next to me, works great!

Take care,

Auke

HP Recommended

Dopo aver istallato Catalina, in Mac riconosce la stampante come installata ma non stampa nulla. Leggo che molti hanno lo stesso problema. Non è possibile che HP costringa gli utenti a buttare una stampante pregiata come questa, non fornendo alcun driver.

Se così fosse non comprerò mai più prodotti HP con i quali ho avuto molti problemi di assistenza negli anni e questo ultimo non credo sia accettabile!

Grazie se qualcuno sa indicarmi una possibile soluzione

HP Recommended

Con Brother non ho mai avuto alcun problema. I driver ci sono sempre stati e anche Catalina stampa senza problemi.

Anche io non acquisterò mai più prodotti HP!

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.