Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color laserjet CP3525dn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've updated firmware to 61.190.1.21178 installed HP universad Printing PCL6 - under general tab features it shows Color: No - only problems I've ever had before was since windows 10 update installed WSD port - since then I've reinstalled this printer about a hundred times trying to get it to work - usually because it showed printer offline when it was definitely on line and in ready state - this is the latest encarnation of problems - latest update of the driver appears to no longer recognise my printer as being colour capable - sure would like to solve this!!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

I've tried that many times before but it seems to regress to the "printer is offline problem" which when I try to resolve I end up back at WSD port - I've again reinstalled with tcp/ip port and I've got my colour back - but the question is how long will it last.  Thanks for your timely response and tip.

Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended
I don't like the wsd port so I always add a TCP IP port and switch the printer to that.

I would recommend you do the same if you think your problem is related to wsd Ports.

If my post resolves your issue please click the accepted as solution button under it.

To thank a Tech for a post click the thumbs up button under the post.

You can even click both buttons. . .
HP Recommended

I've tried that many times before but it seems to regress to the "printer is offline problem" which when I try to resolve I end up back at WSD port - I've again reinstalled with tcp/ip port and I've got my colour back - but the question is how long will it last.  Thanks for your timely response and tip.

Cheers

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.