sahel
1 0 0 0
Message 1 of 2

Can detect New toner

HP Recommended
m127fn
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw - error message to install new cartridge

After printing a ream of paper, we got an error message to install a new toner cartridge.  We couldn't overwrite it and continue to print.  Installed a new HP toner cartridge and still get the same error message to install a new cartridge.  I've done a hard reset already with no change.  

1 REPLY 1
Alex-TATS
Level 9
Level 9
1,015 1,005 102 258
Message 2 of 2
HP Recommended

Hi @sahel,

1) Turn-off your printer and unplug it.

2) Open the cartridge door.

3) Take out the toner cartridge.

4) Take a careful look inside the printer (use a torch if needed) and see if any of the springs that make contacts with the toner cartridge have been crooked or stuck. If this is the case, they must be unbented to their correct position or be replaced if they have been heavily damaged.

I hope this will help,

Cheers!

ALEX-TATS
Printer Engineer for a HP Platinum Partner
I am not a HP employee
If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
0 Kudos
Warning Be alert for scammers posting fake support phone numbers and/or email addresses on the community. If you think you have received a fake HP Support message, please report it to us by clicking on "Flag Post".
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation