Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M225dw

is my printer M225dw capable to print in color??

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi John_C1,

This printer is mono only so it cannot print in color - other than black and grey.  It is discontinued on hp.com.  

Have a great rest of your day,

Dovid

I am an HP Employee
I work in Laser Jet Printing ((;-)>
The opinions expressed here are my own and not those of HP. Kudos are always appreciated if I have helped you.
HP Recommended

The simple answer is no.  This is what we call a monochrome (black/white) printer. Typically color engines have color in their name. The specification page doesn't say it's monochrome, but it only has a black toner cartridge listed. 

The specification page can be found here:

https://support.hp.com/wise/DocumentDetail/ams-en?contentType=Support Document&docId=c04328137

I am an HP employee.
HP Recommended

No, this is a monochrome MFP, it only supports black & white printing.

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.