Post new question
Question

Student
Message 1 of 3 (108 Views)
Accepted Solution

Can "paper stuck" cause any HW failure?

I  had my printer fixed to local computer shop due to  "paper stuck". They told me, that paper casued a HW damage. I wonder if it is even possible or the technician damaged the printer during reparation. Any experience welcome.

0 Kudos
Accepted Solution

Re: Can "paper stuck" cause any HW failure?

Hello, there are many factors that need to be considered which can lead to hardware failure, like age of the printer, the condition of the printer etc. Depending on the type of jam, the location, the part that failed, and the age of said part. It is possible for stuck paper to cause issues. At least from what I have experienced before.

View solution in context
Master's Graduate
Message 2 of 3 (92 Views)

Hello, there are many factors that need to be considered which can lead to hardware failure, like age of the printer, the condition of the printer etc. Depending on the type of jam, the location, the part that failed, and the age of said part. It is possible for stuck paper to cause issues. At least from what I have experienced before.

Highlighted
Master's Graduate
Message 3 of 3 (84 Views)

Hi @tommyKalla,

From my exprerience, it is possible that paper jams may cause hardware issues. Especially if someone tries to remove the paper in no proper way. Can cause damage to sensors, shafts, and various other components.

Cheers!

Printer Engineer

If you found this post helpful, you can let others know by clicking the “Accept as Solution” button. You can also show your appreciation, with a kudos, by clicking the “Thumbs up" button!
† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation