Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
Color Laserjet Pro MFP M281CDW
Microsoft Windows 7 (64-bit)

I can't download the full Featured product for my printer.  System will let me download Universal print driver but I need to scan and FAX.  Driver disk lost in a move.  New computer.  HP Color Laserjet Pro  MFP M281CDW, comes up on search page, Full featured solution is listed, gives file name and size but Page Not Found Error message.  Tried different computers, Operating Systems and Browsers.  Without this package this printer won't do much other than print.  All other functionality is gone.  Help PLEASE!  Thanks in advance for the time.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
HP Recommended

Hi,

A new driver has been updated today and therefore not yet available online.

Download and install your printer using below drivers:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/LJ/M278-281/LJM278-M281_UWWL_4_1_Full_WebPack_44.5...

If the printer is connected with a USB, be sure to unplug the USB first.

From Devices and Pritnersremove any instance of your printer prior to installing the drivers, only then run the installation.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
HP Recommended

Hi,

A new driver has been updated today and therefore not yet available online.

Download and install your printer using below drivers:

http://ftp.hp.com/pub/softlib/software13/printers/LJ/M278-281/LJM278-M281_UWWL_4_1_Full_WebPack_44.5...

If the printer is connected with a USB, be sure to unplug the USB first.

From Devices and Pritnersremove any instance of your printer prior to installing the drivers, only then run the installation.

Shlomi

Click the Yes button to reply that the response was helpful or to say thanks.
If my post resolve your problem please mark it as an Accepted Solution 🙂
HP Recommended

ShlomiL,  Thanks a million.  The driver you provided worked great.  Perfect!!!

HP Recommended

Having the same problem, but for Mac OS X 10.13 and 10.14.  (Two computers.)  Can someone supply me with a link for both?  Thank you.

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.