Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
    Information
    Windows update impacting certain printer icons and names. Microsoft is working on a solution.
    Click here to learn more
    Information
    Need Windows 11 help?
    Check documents on compatibility, FAQs, upgrade information and available fixes.
    Windows 11 Support Center.
  • post a message
Guidelines
Do you need the WPS PIN to connect your printer? Click here for tips and tricks!
HP Recommended
M12W
Microsoft Windows 10 (64-bit)

I've spent hours on the forums and while I have seen many answers none work for me.

I went to the drivers site and downloaded the correct drivers for my M12W. Downloads the 96MB fine and when I try to run it, it extracts to 100% then stops. 

What I have tried:

• Went to the %temp% folder to see if it was spitting out files there but nothing is written there.
  • I extracted the .exe from 7zip and ran HPSetup.exe directly. No joy.
  • I tried to run ljp_M11_13.exe directly as well. Nothing.
  • I also tried running as admin and running them from the Run command in the start menu rather than double clicking.
  • Deleted HP drivers from printui.exe /s utility and restarted and tried all of the above.
  • I got a second laptop and tried all of the above and still the same problems.
  • I paused all Windows Firewall monitoring and tried to innstall. No dice.
  • Redownloaded the driver files in different browsers and tried the above.

Is there just a bug with this particular driver? No matter what I try to installation never continues after it gets to 100% extracted.

2 REPLIES 2
HP Recommended

@horlicks78

Thank you for joining HP Forums. 

This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.

Appreciate all your time and efforts.

I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:

1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features 

2.) Select your HP Printer 

3.) Select Uninstall 

4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers 

5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device' 

6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo. 

7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s") 

8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab 

9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom 

10.) Select Ok

11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows

12.) Close Devices and Printers 

Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-m11-m13-printer-series/93... to download and install the drivers

If the issue persists, Create a local user or administrator account using this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc... 

Try to install the driver.

Keep me posted, how it goes!

Have a great day!

Cheers:)

Raj1788
I am an HP Employee 

HP Recommended

I am having the identical problem as the original post same system same symptoms.   I have already been through the remove drivers/devices/reboot process several times,  my system user IS an administrator already. 

No joy, the software extracts to 100% then nothing.  

I am unable to install this printer.

is there a fix??

† The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of HP. By using this site, you accept the <a href="https://www8.hp.com/us/en/terms-of-use.html" class="udrlinesmall">Terms of Use</a> and <a href="/t5/custom/page/page-id/hp.rulespage" class="udrlinesmall"> Rules of Participation</a>.