10-09-2018 10:06 PM
I've spent hours on the forums and while I have seen many answers none work for me.
I went to the drivers site and downloaded the correct drivers for my M12W. Downloads the 96MB fine and when I try to run it, it extracts to 100% then stops.
What I have tried:
- Went to the %temp% folder to see if it was spitting out files there but nothing is written there.
- I extracted the .exe from 7zip and ran HPSetup.exe directly. No joy.
- I tried to run ljp_M11_13.exe directly as well. Nothing.
- I also tried running as admin and running them from the Run command in the start menu rather than double clicking.
- Deleted HP drivers from printui.exe /s utility and restarted and tried all of the above.
- I got a second laptop and tried all of the above and still the same problems.
- I paused all Windows Firewall monitoring and tried to innstall. No dice.
- Redownloaded the driver files in different browsers and tried the above.
Is there just a bug with this particular driver? No matter what I try to installation never continues after it gets to 100% extracted.
10-10-2018 05:54 PM
Thank you for joining HP Forums.
This is a great place to get support, find answers to your technical queries.
Appreciate all your time and efforts.
I recommend you delete the driver at the root level and Install the drivers, follow the steps below:
1.) In Windows, search for and open Programs and features
2.) Select your HP Printer
3.) Select Uninstall
4.) In Windows, search for and open Devices and printers
5.) In the Devices and Printers windows look for your HP printer. If you see it listed right-click on it and choose `Delete' or `Remove Device'
6.) Open up the run command with the "Windows key + R" key combo.
7.) Type printui.exe /s and click Ok. (Note: there is a space in between "printui.exe" and "/s")
8.) Click on the "Drivers" tab
9.) Look for HP Printer driver. If you see it Click on it and click Remove at the bottom
10.) Select Ok
11.) Select Apply and Ok on the Print Server Properties windows
12.) Close Devices and Printers
Then, Click on this link: https://support.hp.com/in-en/drivers/selfservice/swdetails/hp-laserjet-pro-m11-m13-printer-series/93... to download and install the drivers
If the issue persists, Create a local user or administrator account using this link: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4026923/windows-10-create-a-local-user-or-administrator-acc...
Try to install the driver.
Keep me posted, how it goes!
Have a great day!
I am an HP Employee
11-04-2019 09:17 PM
I am having the identical problem as the original post same system same symptoms. I have already been through the remove drivers/devices/reboot process several times, my system user IS an administrator already.
No joy, the software extracts to 100% then nothing.
I am unable to install this printer.
is there a fix??